Thursday, July 22, 2010

Update...

Elyse is 3 months old!!  Where has the time gone?  She continues to smile, "talk" and coo during most of her awake time.  Elyse also LOVES to suck on her hands and likes finding her thumb.  She will kick with excitement if anyone in the family approaches her.  She is also sleeping from 8:30-4:30 or 5 too which we LOVE!  

  • Luke was eating icecream with Aunt Meghan and he looks at her and goes, "I can lick that white water (melted icecream) up can't I?" 
  • I fell down the steps about a month ago and was lying on the floor moaning in agony and Luke comes over and says, "Your alright mom, brush it off!"  I am now a BIT more sympathetic towards their injuries.  

  • The other day Luke was walking around the house aimlessly refusing to play with his toys.  Instead he was just following me around.  So I said, "Stop just walking around the house.  You need to find something to play with!"

I then later told him to go get dressed and he comes down in what I call his "play shorts" (they are the athletic type shorts).  He says, "These are my "walkin" shorts."  I was confused and said, "What do you mean?"  He answers, "These aren't play shorts, they are my "Walking around shorts."  He thought if he put his "play shorts" on he would have to play toys!

   
Julia continues to take on many different characters and roles throughout the day...
  • The other day Julia was playing "bird" family.  I was on the phone and she kept interrupting me.  I said if she continued to do that she would have a time out.  After she interrupted again she had to go to a time out.  She was crying from the rug, "NOOOO MAMA BIRD!  I DON'T WANT A TIME OUT.  Even time outs can't take her out of character!
  • She had dangly earrings on and said, "Like my "hanger" earrings?"
  • She was sweetly holding Elyse and says, "I am Elyse's owner aren't I mom?"  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah - I found your blog and just wanted to say "hello". Your children are adorable! I'm sure you have your hands full most days. ;) Hope you are enjoying your summer.
    -Trish (Graves) Murdock

    ReplyDelete