Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Festivities

I remember LOVING the holidays as a child.  I had GREAT childhood memories and traditions instilled in me growing up.  However, now that I am on the other end I think I love holidays even more...watching the excitement and anticipation through the eyes of your children is something I will always treasure.  They make all the "work" that sometimes is involved in the holiday season worth every minute.  
When I was growing up my sister and I would tear the bread the night before for the stuffing.  That tradition has been passed down to the kids now.  (We still need to perfect the idea of "bite size" pieces, but we'll get there.


This was in route to our SECOND thanksgiving.  Can you tell we didn't get naps in?  
Luke and Julia decorating their little tree.  Luke put ALL of his ornaments on ONE tree branch.  There were like 15 small ornaments!



When I told the kids we were going to decorate for Christmas Julia immediately goes, " I need to get my Christmas dress on!"

Grandma Mimi came down for a couple of nights.  She made gingerbread cookies with the kids as well as Gingerbread houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment