Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bringing home baby...

We have had a WONDERFUL first couple of nights/days at home with Elyse.  We are really enjoying being a new family of 5!  Elyse is proving to be a perfect little baby right now.  Doug and I have also commented several times that we really like taking care of just one newborn at a time! (Although we LOVE Luke and Julia we are also LOVING our extra sleep now too!) :-)

Luke and Julia are the best big brother and big sister that Elyse could ask for!  Julia has nicknamed Elyse, "Bugaboo."  Last night I asked Luke to give Elyse a kiss goodnight and he replied, "No thanks, I'm fine...maybe later!"  How do you argue with that?

We feel so fortunate and blessed...

Luke holding Elyse for the first time (2 nights after she was born).

Luke and Julia have wanted Elyse to "play" and hold their toys from the beginning.  That was the first thing they did when we brought her home.  Luke found a hard car to give her and Julia found a miniscule animal that she could swallow!  You can see in the picture that her head is surrounded by stuffed animals they brought her to snuggle.  I figured that was a better option then the cars and choking hazards.

Precious.

1 comment:

  1. Love the tutu outfit!!!! She is so precious - her big brother and sister crack me up!! Love you and thanks again for lunch :o)

    ReplyDelete